Latest selection of the best stuff I’ve seen lately across the ScratchPaper focus areas of Apple, Google, Amazon, Mobile, Photography, Gadgets and other Big Tech, including items on whether the new Apple under Tim Cook is any different, Amazon’s war with Hachette, and Marissa Mayer’s secret plans for Yahoo. Enjoy.
Apple, Google, Amazon
- Tim Cook’s Apple Takes Shape
- Tim Cook, Making Apple His Own
- Apple After Jobs: Pretty Much the Same as Ever
- Box and Dropbox brace for impact of Amazon’s new Zocalo document collaboration tool
- Amazon’s Tactics Confirm Its Critics’ Worst Suspicions
- As Publishers Fight Amazon, Books Vanish
- Microsoft Unveils Machine Learning for the Masses
- Amazon Launches Music-Streaming Service
- Why Is Amazon Squeezing Hachette? Maybe It Really Needs the Money
- Amazon Defends Itself in Dispute, Suggests Hachette Customers Go Elsewhere
- Amazon takes away pre-orders on many Hachette titles and messes with search and recommendations
- Do You Know What’s Going in Your Amazon Shopping Cart?
- Jeff Bezos To Amazon Payments Team: Move Faster
- The Big Data Challenge to Legacy Data Management Companies
- Why It’s Finally Time To Embrace Your Mobile Device As An Effective Working Tool
- Tablets in the Workplace: a Corner Office Perk
- EU, South Korea to Ally on Faster Mobile Access
- Without a Hit Wallet, Square Tries Another Approach
- Mobile divided: Why social media app “unbundling” still has risks
- With HD Voice, Better Call Quality Is Coming. Text Your Friends
- AT&T to Take On Gogo With In-Flight LTE Service
- Few Consumers Are Buying Premise of Mobile Wallets
- Amazon Smartphone Prime Data
- Digital Mapping May Be Nokia’s Hidden Jewel
- Welcome to the spectrum-dome: FCC lays groundwork for its controversial incentive auction
- F.C.C. to Free Airwaves for Wi-Fi and Wireless Broadband
- Marissa Mayer’s Secret Plan to Get Apple to Dump Google and Default to Yahoo Mobile Search
- Time Warner Cable bets big on easy and secure Wi-Fi, rolling out Hotspot 2.0 networkwide
Photography & Gadgets
- Instagram Goes Beyond Its Gauzy Filters
- Photographers furious after Amazon patents technique for seamless white background
- Google Uses Algorithms to Create SLR-Like Photos
- Lytro’s new light-field camera looks like an actual camera, costs $1,599Comments, questions or reactions to this post? Leave a note below and I will respond to your questions.
If you enjoyed this post, you might enjoy my other posts on Apple / Google / Amazon / Big Tech, Internet / Big Data / Internet of Things, Social Networking, or my recent curated links you might have missed on: Big Tech & Mobile, Internet, IoT, Social, Cybersecurity.
Subscribe – To get an automatic feed of all future posts subscribe to the RSS feed here, or to receive them via email enter your address in the box in the upper right or go here and enter your email address in the box in the upper right. You can also follow me on Twitter @cmirabile and on Google+.