Latest selection of the best stuff I’ve seen lately across the ScratchPaper focus areas of Green, Environment, Energy, Transportation, New Urbanism, including items on the new consensus on global warming, the end of the electric grid, and solar panels as the new granite countertop. Enjoy.
- Climate Panel Cites Near Certainty on Warming (NYTimes)
- Where Sand Is Gold, the Reserves Are Running Dry (NYTimes)
- Arid Southwest Cities’ Plea: Lose the Lawn (NYTimes)
- Welcome to the Age of Denial (NYTimes)
- Why the U.S. Power Grid’s Days Are Numbered (BusinessWeek)
- A Bet on the Environment (NYTimes)
- A quest to prove there’s a business case for installing big batteries at buildings (GigaOM)
- U.S. Solar Power Rises 15% on Large Scale Power Projects (Bloomberg)
- Solar Panel Is Next Granite Countertop for Homebuilders (BusinessWeek)
- This video explains almost everything you want to know about fracking (Grist)
- Germany Breaks World Solar Power Generation Record (WHEC)
- Bright sun, bright future: Can Africa unlock its solar potential? (CNN)
- 25 years later, what can we learn from New Urbanism? (Greater Washington)
Comments, questions or reactions to this post? Leave a note below and I will respond to your questions.
Subscribe – To get an automatic feed of all future posts subscribe to the RSS feed here, or to receive them via email enter your address in the box in the upper right or go here and enter your email address in the box in the upper right. You can also follow me on Twitter @cmirabile and on Google+.