Launchpad had a very fun and very busy 2012. We are already well-underway with a busy 2013, but before 2012 is completely set aside, let’s do a quick recap of some key highlights & milestones, by the numbers:
- Total dollars invested: $5.5M
- Number of new companies in which we invested: 10
- Number of follow-on rounds in which we invested: 14
- HALO Ranking in deals done: Top Five in US
- HALO Ranking in dollars invested: Top Five in US
- Percent of members writing one or more checks: 91%
- Number of checks written: 250+
- Number of positive exits: 3 (here, here, here)
- Number of negative exits: 1
- Remaining number of active portfolio companies: 35
- Number of internal member training sessions: 7
- Number of companies applying for funding: 750+
- Number of companies pitched to group: 28
- Number of due diligence teams formed: 21
- Number of participants in Launchpad on Demand sessions: 60+ (coverage)
- Number of members named a Top Angel In New England: 5
- Number of new Operations Managers hired: 1
Comments, questions or reactions to this post? Leave a note below and I will respond to your questions.
If you enjoyed this post, you might enjoy: Constructing a Pitch, Why Angels Chase Electrons, Boards vs. Advisory Boards, Delusional Economics, That Vision Thing, The Power of An Advisory Board, Loch Ness, Unicorns & The First-Mover Advantage, Does This Slide Deck Make Me Look Fat?, The Long Road to Instant Success, Top Angel Investors in New England, Launchpad Overview – Angel Video Interview Series, Customer Crowdfunding: Not So Fast, Entrepreneurs, Crowdfunding: You Cannot Make This Stuff Up!, Angel Video Interview Series, Thoughts on Crowdfunding, Entrepreneur at Work: Caine’s Arcade, The Crowdfunding Interview (Frank Peters Show), Pattern Matching Can Cause Blindspots, Getting Off The Ground; Early Formation Economics, Pitch Clinic at MassChallenge (Video), Are Entrepreneurs Wild Risk-Takers?, Top 20 Dos & Don’ts with Angel Groups & Early Stage Financing, What I Look For In An Entrepreneur, The Overture, Open Forum with Angel, Seed and VC Investors (Video), When Do You Need My Slide Deck?
Subscribe – To get an automatic feed of all future posts subscribe to the RSS feed here, or to receive them via email enter your address in the box in the upper right or go here and enter your email address in the box in the upper right. You can also follow me on Twitter @cmirabile and on Google+.